Willow Springs School District 108 is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any unlawful basis, but not limited to, race, color, creed, gender, national origin, religion, citizenship, military status, marital status, sexual preference, disability, age, and all other protected classifications as required by federal, state, and/or local law.
1 to 1 Paraprofessional/Teacher Assistant for Special Education
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Assist with the delivery of instructional program planned by teacher;
- Perform routine tasks and duties as assigned by teacher to allow teacher to spend vast majority of day instructing students;
- Perform lunchroom and playground duties as assigned by administration;
- Share in the responsibility of the physical needs of the identified student, including but not limited to:
- Lifting (employee may be expected to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance)
- Transferring (employee may be expected to assist in student transfers; those is excess of 40 pounds will require additional assistance)
- Providing miscellaneous school health services
- Physical intervention including restraining in accordance with the MENTA Method, or method recommended by AERO for usage throughout programs.
- Use of different student restraint systems required for transportation
- Assist teacher in utilization of educational and personal equipment including, but not limited to, A-V equipment, microcomputers, assistive technology devices, wheelchairs, braces, etc.
- Assist classroom teacher in maintaining orderliness, cleanliness and safety of instructional areas and equipment.
- Supervise specific student during non-academic periods, including but not limited to, lunch, PE/APE, and recreation periods as assigned by the classroom teacher, program supervisor and/or building principal.
- Instructional Assistant approval from Illinois State Board of Education.
- High School Diploma. Preference given towards education attained beyond high school.
- Experiences/qualifications as deemed necessary by the Board of Education.
- Able to lift 40 pounds
Apply to: Karen Triezenberg, Principal
Posted: November 22, 2013
Classified Employee Application
Substitute Teacher Application
Teacher Aide Application