Willow Springs School District 108 is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any unlawful basis, but not limited to, race, color, creed, gender, national origin, religion, citizenship, military status, marital status, sexual preference, disability, age, and all other protected classifications as required by federal, state, and/or local law.
Social Worker, Full-time
Job Goal: To utilize extensive knowledge of social institutions and agencies, understanding of human growth and behavior, skills in establishing relationships and sharing professional competencies with others in order to help pupils overcome problems of a social/emotional nature which may interfere with their normal progress in school.
- Hold a valid certificate (type 73) as a School Social Worker issued by the Illinois State Board of Education
- Hold a Masters’ Degree from an accredited college or university
Duties and Responsibilities of The Social Worker
- Works with individual pupils toward the alleviation or correction of personal, social, or emotional maladjustments which interfere with learning, attendance, or effective participation in school.
- Works with parents as an integral part of helping pupils increase their understanding of the parent’s role in helping them succeed in school.
- Assist parents in locating referral resources necessary for their child’s welfare.
- Collaborates as needed with teachers, principal, and other school personnel to develop plans that modify the behavior of disruptive students.
- Cooperates with agencies and professional individuals for the purpose of linking community resources with mutually known families.
- Consults with teachers and others to help them understand the meaning of the behaviors of certain children who are of a concern to school staff.
- Participates in school activities to promote the relationship of the school to the broader community.
- Participates in community activities with other school and community personnel to determine the need for and development of additional community resources.
- Prepares, assembles, and/or disseminates materials and reports as needed for Medicare reimbursement of at-risk and special education students.
- Prepares, assembles, and/or disseminates materials and reports as needed for multi-disciplinary and special education meetings.
- Provides leadership at staff meetings in developing behavior management plans and functional analyses of behavior.
- Develops and implements programs such as Second Step, Snowflake and Rainbows as directed by administration.
- Guards the confidentiality of all information placed in charge of this office. Breach of this trust shall be grounds for dismissal.
- Performs such other duties as may be requested by the Principal, Special Education Coordinator, or Superintendent.
Apply to: Lori Smuda, Principal
Application Deadline: July 24, 2015
Start Date: August 17, 2015
Posted: July 8, 2015
Substitute Custodian, Temporary
Hours: 3-8 hour shifts, dependent upon situation, mostly between 4-10pm.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Wiping down student desks
- Sweeping/Mopping/Vacuuming floors
- Trash removal
- Cleaning restrooms
- High school diploma or equivalent
Frank Patrick, Superintendent
Willow Springs School District 108
8345 Archer Avenue
Willow Springs, IL 60480
Application available at bottom of this page and at the school’s office.
Posted: February 23rd, 2015
Classified Employee Application
Substitute Teacher Application
Teacher Aide Application